We are now pleased to welcome children and young people back into Church, Sunday School and Bible Class. Here are the important things you need to know.
If your child develops Covid symptoms
If your child develops Covid symptoms, please keep them at home. If they test positive after coming to church, please inform your youth leader / teacher as soon as possible so we can notify those they have been in contact with.
Children will need to adhere to social distancing measures in class, though they can of course sit with members of their household. The rooms will be set up so that this is possible, with sufficient ventilation. Rooms may therefore be a little cooler than normal.
Resources & Snacks
All children will have their own resources so sharing will not be needed. They will be offered individual snacks and cartons of juice or bottled water. Each room will have tissues and a lidded bin. Please talk to your children about ‘catch it, kill it, bin it’ approach.
Sunday School only (up to Year 6)
– All children will need to sit with their parents at the beginning of the service (book online to request the right number of seats.)
– Children will leave at the normal time with their teacher (when told by the Service Leader). They will go through the back door into the kitchen area and round to the side hall where their class will be.
– All Sunday school children will be in the side hall. Children will be asked to sanitise/wash hands as they enter.
– Sunday school-aged children will not need to wear a mask but the teachers will if within 2m of a child.
– At the end of the service, one parent will need to go and collect their child from the side hall and leave promptly.
Bible Class only (Year 7+)
– Parents of Year 7+ children will need to book seats in the service for themselves only. Children will go straight to their class.
– Children will enter by the side gate / alleyway (from 10.25am). They will sanitise their hands at the bottom of the stairs and proceed straight up to the youth room.
– They will need to wear masks as will the leaders. Please inform the leaders, if your child has a medical exemption.
– Children are strongly encouraged to bring their own Bible. One can be provided for your child’s sole use if necessary.
– Any materials or Bible Study notes will be named and kept in the youth room for your child’s sole use.
– At the end of the service, young people will be escorted out through the side gate onto Mill Street where they will meet their parents.